Farm-to-freezer foods are those that are harvested at peak freshness and then flash frozen to preserve their flavor and nutrients. By using these foods in your brunch, you can enjoy the benefits of fresh, locally sourced ingredients without worrying about food waste or spoilage.
- Sausage and vegetable frittata: Use frozen Five Star Home Foods ground sausage, peppers, and onions to create a hearty and flavorful frittata that’s easy to make.
- Ham and cheese croissants: Use croissants, Five Star Home Foods Spiral Cut Ham, and cheese to make a delicious and indulgent sandwich that’s perfect for brunch.
- Bacon-wrapped asparagus: Wrap asparagus spears with Hormel Black Label bacon for a savory appetizer.
- Smoothie bowls are a popular breakfast option that can be customized with your favorite fruits, nuts, and seeds. Frozen berries, in particular, are a great option for smoothie bowls, as they add a sweet and tangy flavor while also being high in antioxidants and fiber.
- Frozen berries can be added to muffins or scones for a burst of flavor, and frozen bananas can be used to make delicious and moist banana pancakes.
- Fruit salad: combine frozen strawberries, blueberries, and mango for a colorful and flavorful salad that’s easy to make.
- Vegetable hash: Use frozen hashbrowns, onions, and peppers to create a hearty and nutritious hash that’s perfect for brunch.
- Roasted frozen vegetables: Mix frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots for a colorful and delicious side dish.